MAXIMIZE YOUR LIFE
SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2015 10:00AM-2:00PM
A Seminar Designed to Equip Pastors, Ministry and Faith-Based Organizational Leaders How to Address the Growing Concerns Around Mental Health
One out of four people struggle with a mental health condition. At some point in our lives someone we know, or we ourselves could suffer from anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, or another mental health condition. The church is not immune, so how should we respond?
On Saturday, May 23rd, Central Baptist Church and its Health Ministry present a free seminar designed to equip Pastors, ministry and faith-based organizational leaders how to address the growing concerns around mental health. The list of Guest Speakers is below.
- Dr. Lisa Steiner, Ph.D., LMHC, LPC, MBA, Director of Wellsprings Counseling Center d/b/a Wellsprings Mental Health Counseling
- Dr. Sidney Hankerson, MD, MBA, Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Dr. Dan Baugess, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist at Wellsprings Counseling Center & Ordained Minister
- Wendy Brennan, MS, Executive Director of NAMI-NYC Metro
The seminar will be moderated by Jacqueline Martinez, MPH Vice President, New York State Health Foundation.
For more information and to RSVP for this free event, please email centralbaptistchurchNYC@gmail.com by Friday, May 8th and include the following information: Name of each attendee, Role/Title, Contact #, and Name of Church/Organization.
The Health Ministry at Central Baptist Church provides education, programs & events so that followers of Jesus are healthy in their spirit, mind AND body as they serve the Lord. We strongly believe that God assigns a purpose driven life for every believer. With that in mind, we challenge our congregation to make healthy decisions in all aspects of their Christian lives.
The ministry is currently providing the following educational programs that you can be a part of:
- Blood Pressure Screenings & Education (Selected days & times)
- Workshop on Weight Loss & Healthy Eating (Selected Thursdays @ 6:30pm)
- Faith-Based Boot Camp: Christian Boot Camp (Tuesday 7:15pm to 8:15pm & Saturdays 9:15am to 10:15am)
The Health Ministry’s past programs included the following:
- Fine, Fit & Fabulous (Nutrition Education & Physical Activity)
- Fundraisers for Cancer Awareness (“Jettie Around the Block”)
- “Walkers for Wellness” Walking Group
Upcoming Programs for the Health Ministry are:
- Journey of Hope: Cancer Ministry
- Healthy Living w/ Chronic Conditions (6 week educational program)
- God’s Squad (8 week children’s nutrition educational program)
- More Fundraisers