How CBC is addressing the current COVID-19 pandemic
Coronavirus has been confirmed in New York City. While updates are being made daily by local and federal authorities, for the foreseeable future, we would like to modify how we worship with one another to ensure we are doing our part to keep everyone healthy.
- Sunday Service will be done on Livestream. (For instructions on this, see below.)
- We have decided to suspend all church-wide in-person fellowship activities.
- In addition, all Senior ministry events have been cancelled until further notice. As well, our Wednesday night and Sunday morning adult bible studies have been cancelled. Please see below for how we will continue to connect you to God’s truth for your life while we are going through this time.
- We are suspending in-home communion visits. The church will call the sick and shut in member and send mailers, but we want to stay out of their homes for their safety.
- If you have any questions about how your group will meet, please contact your group leader or ministry head.
Virtual Worship: Connect to our Sunday service via Livestream:
- Click here to link directly to our livestream broadcast through a web browser, either on your phone or personal computer.
- You may find it more convenient to use the Livestream app. The iOS (Apple) version is here and the Android version is here. Once you download the app, search for “Central Baptist Church of NYC.”
Virtual Study: Using RightNow Media
With changes to how we fellowship, we want to make sure that there are still opportunities for everyone to learn and grow in the knowledge of God. We will be leveraging the resources at RightNow Media to accomplish that. There a many bible studies available that we can share together.
- This study format will begin on March 25.
- If you do not have a login to the RightNow Media platform, please email Pastor Robert or connect with your personal deacon.
- Go to the RightNow webpage here. Use your login.
- Click on the “Libraries” icon on the top left of the page (three vertical lines) and choose the sixth option which says “Central Baptist Church.”
- You will then see the current study.
- Watch the video as directed and then phone in on our conference line ((712) 770-4711, Access code: 667-293) at 7 PM on Wednesday night to discuss the topic.
For more detailed directions, click here for pdf instructions.
Things you can do to help during this time
- Pray: Please continue to pray for our church, its members, regular attenders, visitors, and its leadership. As well as our city, state, and national government leaders. As these times are unknown, we more than ever need to seek God’s guidance.
- Connect with your deacon: if you have an issue, please reach out to your personal deacon. They are committed to helping you and will be a better resource than calling the church office immediately.
- Assist your neighbor, if you are able: as frustrating as this time is, it is also a great opportunity for CBC to show what it means to be neighborly. Seek to help those who need assistance.
Thank you for your understanding while we work through the above changes. Feel free to reach out if there are any questions.